
I would like to take this time in this year, and this moment in my life to express humble gratitude. I came from struggle and arrived in this country in struggle. I have been angry. I have seen injustice. I am and will always be Salvadorean. However, now like any growing individual I can say Thank You to the United States of America. Thank you for allowing me an opportunity at life. Thank you for providing shelter for my family and my children. Although it has not been easy and there is much I could say of how hurtful somethings are, I will hold my head high and announce that I will join this country as a citizen and take upon it that responsibility seriously, and passionately. I have a will to fight with emotion and a story to tell. These are the things I offer. May you mercifully accept.
Sincerely,
Georgina Annabella Coca Ramos
Salvadorean By Birth
No comments:
Post a Comment