In the world of my ancestors the word of mouth is of great importance.
We tend to all have a set of words to live by.
I have come to find it of great necessity to document the sayings of my people said to me by the notes of my mother's voice.
First of all Georgina we are not all gold coins that everyone wants and loves.
If the river makes noise its because it contains something.
A man will never turn away a served plate.
If you spit toward the sky, you will then have spit on your face.
One nail removes another.
Better bird in hand than all in flight.
Prepare now because soon will come the time of skinny cows.
To this I will randomly add as I continue to remember and learn.
In this I will honor the teachings of one Anabell Coca, that took on the challenge of guiding me. That has never stopped teaching despite of my words or actions. The strength and the passion that runs through her blood grows within me like the mango tree of my childhood. To her the woman filled with advise and loud laughter. To you I dedicate the most eternal of memories. May your voice continue to ring in my heart as long as I may live and then after.
No comments:
Post a Comment